[TriEmbed] ATTiny (Wizarding 101)

Alan Smith alan at randomsmiths.com
Tue Jul 16 22:02:16 CDT 2013

I realized people here might appreciate seeing the Wizarding 101 I put on
for the older kids (12+) for Qualcomm's Take our Children to work day.

I made a small board with an ATtiny, a push button, and 4 LEDs.   Over the
course of 3 hours, we taught the kids how to program microcontrollers using
the Arduino IDE.   Smiles were all over the place as kids realized they
COULD do it.

Total cost per kid (including giving them the board and the USB programmer
to take home for more experimentation) - under $10!!

I sent it to SparkFun and they have posted the materials for whomever it
might be useful:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/blog/1193

I am happy to answer any questions about this.

--Alan