[TriEmbed] More automated transport

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 07:54:15 CST 2013

Yup, I saw a different article on that too. I think we are hitting critical mass where the technologies are getting to the point to make robots with enough smarts will be able to interact with Humans in a more tangible way.  In stark contrast to the simple manufacturing robots that we have today, which I never liked the term robot and preferred automation. Robot to me means Robbie the Robot. An autonomous useful device that you can interact with.

If anyone is interested in seeing some humorous and fun video that the whole family can enjoy, just put on the NAO Soccer tournament videos from YouTube on your TV. I did this a few months ago and played it all morning until everyone in the house saw it. Every single person found it interesting.  Not everyone in my family is a Tech Geek like me either. Everyone gets a kick (pun intended) out of it.

Despite that Google's first and main focus will still be creating devices that may be more automation than Robot, I suspect that Google will add Google's style of creating a WOW! devices.

John Vaughters