[TriEmbed] Fwd: [TAR] FW: Eastern NC Section Newsletter

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 20:10:47 CDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Grayson Randall <grayson at insightrobots.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Subject: [TAR] FW: Eastern NC Section Newsletter
To: trianglerobotics at yahoogroups.com

**

No IEEE Robotics meeting September 2nd.

Grayson

-----Original Message-----
From: no-reply at ieee.org [mailto:no-reply at ieee.org] On Behalf Of IEEE eNotice
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 12:45 PM
To: g.randall at ieee.org
Subject: Eastern NC Section Newsletter

Good day everyone! This is your section E-notice with upcoming events and
announcements for the IEEE Eastern North Carolina Section for August 30,
2013! We send these about twice a month to make sure our members don't miss
out on anything.

CONTENTS:
---------
1. Upcoming Events
a. No Robotics And Automation Society Meeting in September
b. 9/10 - Engineering, Security, and Project Professionals
Conference (Maryland)
c. 9/12 - Section Meeting: Design of Shape-specific
Particulate-based Vaccines and Therapeutics
2. News and Announcements
3. Contact Us

UPCOMING EVENTS:
----------------
http://sites.ieee.org/encs/upcoming-events/

The Robotics and Automation Society will NOT be having their monthly meeting
this September! We will resume regular meetings in October. Sorry for the
inconvenience!

The IEEE North Virginia section, ISSA, and PMI have organized the
Engineering, Security, and Project Professionals Conference. The location
is College Park, Maryland on September 10 – 12, 2013.
http://www.iespconference.org/

The August Section Meeting titled Co-opting Moore’s Law: Design of
Shape-specific Particulate-based Vaccines and Therapeutics will be held on
September 12th. Joseph DeSimone will be speaking from 11:30 to 1:00 at First
Flight Venture Center, located at 2 Davis Drive in RTP, North Carolina.
https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/meeting_view/list_meeting/19851

If you don't see your event, contact the secretary with a blurb of your
event so that we can get it out by the next e-notice!

NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
-----------------------
The Eastern North Carolina Section has a number of local technical chapters
that are very active and successful. Unfortunately, we also have a couple
that have fallen into inactivity. IEEE requires that we have a minimum of
two meetings each year to keep a chapter active. Our Photonics and
Technology Management chapters are about to be dissolved. If you have any
interest to keep either alive, please contact Ken Pigg at j.k.pigg at ieee.org
or 919-866-8206. We have numerous resources available to assist.

IEEE is looking for someone to chair our Women in Engineering Affinity
group. If you or someone you know would like to chair this group, please
contact Ken Pigg at j.k.pigg at ieee.org.

If you would like to opt-out of future e-notices, there is a link to
unsubscribe in the footer of this E-mail.

CONTACT US:
-----------
This E-notice was prepared by Barry Peddycord III - secretary and webmaster
of the IEEE Eastern North Carolina Section. If you need assistance with
anything regarding IEEE, reach out to us.

* Chair: Ken Pigg <j.k.pigg at ieee.org>
* Vice-Chair: Bentley Olive <bjolive at olivelawgroup.com>
* Secretary: Barry Peddycord III <bwpeddyc at ieee.org>
* Treasurer: Amit Bhatia <amitbhatia at hotmail.com>

For more information, visit our website at http://sites.ieee.org/encs

IEEE, 445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA <http://www.ieee.org/>

 __._,_.___
to sender
<grayson at insightracing.org?subject=Re%3A%20FW%3A%20Eastern%20NC%20Section%20Newsletter>
to group
<trianglerobotics at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20FW%3A%20Eastern%20NC%20Section%20Newsletter>
 Start
a New Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trianglerobotics/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZzlwZmN0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM3NTYxODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM3MDc4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3NzkxMTM1NA-->
 Messages
in this topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trianglerobotics/message/4756;_ylc=X3oDMTM0NmN1M2JrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM3NTYxODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM3MDc4BG1zZ0lkAzQ3NTYEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzc3OTExMzU0BHRwY0lkAzQ3NTY->(1)
Recent Activity:

 [image: Yahoo!
Switch to: Text-Only<trianglerobotics-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Traditional>,
Daily Digest<trianglerobotics-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>•