[TriEmbed] Seeking source for oscilloscope donation to local high school

Dawn Trembath dawn.trembath at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:11:44 CST 2024

Thanks very much for the replies. I've checked in with Stephen regarding a
few of the details:

Can you be more specific about the term "new-ish." I have a couple of
analog Tektronix scopes that aren't doing anything interesting.

I suppose 'new-ish' implies that the scope works reliably and is considered
safe by today's standards. A lot of the donated equipment that is currently
in the supply room is really just e-waste, so the hope was to avoid
anything in that category.

Currently, there are no oscilloscopes, so anything meeting the above
criteria would be useful. One oscilloscope would suffice. Two or three
would allow more hands-on experience for the kids. More than three would
start to cause storage problems.

Note though that for about $350, you can buy a new LCD scope.  (Rigol,
etc.).  I don't know what level of Impoverishment we're talking.

Unfortunately, there is a $0 budget for any type of oscilloscope.  A new
Rigol would be lovely, if anyone happens to know of a business or
organization that might be persuaded to donate one.

I'll contact everyone who has replied directly to discuss possible
donations. Thank You!

- dt

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024, 12:49 PM Dawn Trembath via TriEmbed <