[TriEmbed] Sifive better info (only 20% cut!)

Trampas Stern trampas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 09:07:51 CDT 2023

In my experience it is often better to work for companies that have
periodic layoffs.  It has become unfashionable to fire bad or mediocre
employees, as such companies have to trim the poor performers through
layoffs.  As a result it is not unusual for the company to be trying to
hire for the same position as they just laid someone off from.

I have worked at companies that kept the dead weight and it really drags
down the morale of the other employees and the productivity.  In such
companies the good, productive employees are the first to leave because
they are marketable.  This leaves the company with the lower performers and
then the company gets in a bad situation where they can not remove the low
performers as they have the tribal knowledge about products.  In such
companies the morale continues to decline as does productivity until the
business is sold or closes.

It is better to be part of the solution than part of the problem.

Trampas