[TriEmbed] Fwd: CAN Bus Resources

Charles A chanoia33 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:31:41 CDT 2023

Hello All,

I mentioned in Monday’s meeting that I am working in the CAN Bus area.  My
work is in Python running on RPi’s (PI Zero W, Pi3B and Pi3A+ so far).

I have found lots of good development boards on the web at Copperhill
Technologies.  They have great customer service too!

Copperhill Technologies - SAE J1939, CAN Bus, NMEA 2000, IoT
<https://copperhilltech.com/>

I am currently using the PICAN2 Duo with very good results.  I also have
the PICAN3 but haven’t started using it yet. Links below:

PiCAN2 Duo CAN Bus Board For Raspberry Pi 4 With 3A SMPS
(copperhilltech.com)
<https://copperhilltech.com/pican2-duo-can-bus-board-for-raspberry-pi-4-with-3a-smps/>

PiCAN3 CAN Bus Board for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A SMPS And RTC - Copperhill
(copperhilltech.com)
<https://copperhilltech.com/pican3-can-bus-board-for-raspberry-pi-4-with-3a-smps-and-rtc/>

OBD Plug (16-pin) to DE-9 (DB-9) Socket Adapter Cable [1 meter long] : ID
4841 : $5.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
<https://www.adafruit.com/product/4841>

Adafruit also has feather and RP2040 based CAN Bus options if interested:

Adafruit RP2040 CAN Bus Feather with MCP2515 CAN Controller [STEMMA QT] :
ID 5724 : $19.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and
kits <https://www.adafruit.com/product/5724>

Adafruit CAN Bus FeatherWing - MCP2515 : ID 5709 : $12.50 : Adafruit
Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
<https://www.adafruit.com/product/5709>

Adafruit PiCowbell CAN Bus for Pico - MCP2515 CAN Controller : ID 5728 :
$12.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
<https://www.adafruit.com/product/5728>

Adafruit CAN Pal - CAN Bus Transceiver [TJA1051T/3] : ID 5708 : $3.95 :
Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
<https://www.adafruit.com/product/5708>