[TriEmbed] Lowest learning curve to design a board?

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 19:28:03 CST 2023

article "Rotary Dial Phone Remote Control", and they have also had a
sequenced-switch MP3 output device that used an old toy piano keyboard to
play audio fragments.

Anyway, I too am a CAD type of person, KiCAD being my first choice to
create files.  Previously I used Eagle and Fusion360.  Here is an article
that gives a rundown of free CAD software:
https://www.electroschematics.com/pcb-design-software/, and another
article: https://www.3dsourced.com/3d-software/best-pcb-design-software/

In the picture you provided I saw a breadboard, not a perfboard (see
picture).
[image: image.png]
Other prototyping products include veroboards (aka stripboards, see second
picture).
[image: image.png]

Then there are prototyping boards that have the same layout as a breadboard
(see 3rd & 4th pictures).
[image: image.png][image: image.png]

Here is links to a couple of articles on using prototyping boards:
from MKTPCB (who makes circuit boards): https://www.mktpcb.com/perfboard/
from DigiKey:
https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/blogs/2022/start-building-cleaner-perfboard-projects-using-these-simple-tips

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com
*Although kindness is rarely a job, no matter what you do it's always an
option.*