[TriEmbed] Flipper Hacking Tool

John Wettroth jwet at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 27 13:41:23 CDT 2022

I may be late to the party but there is gadget that a friend just turned me on
to called the Flipper (like the dolphin- the logo).  Imagine a nicely packaged
bus pirate with a small LCD display, SD card slot, rechargeable battery (USB C)
and a bunch of LF 125 Khz, NFC (13.56 Mhz), BT LE and Sub 1 Ghz ISM
transceivers- key fobs, etc.  It does all the standard I2C, SPI, One Wire , UART
stuff, Infrared remotes and other stuff.  It can provide 5 or 3.3v at moderate
currents- a dozen or so hardware I/O's are 3.3v with 5v tolerance.    It uses a
Dual Core ARM CPU- 64 bit and an M0 for UI stuff (I think).  You can load custom
firmware from micro SD card- there is an SDK that I haven't studied yet.  It has
a lot of cool apps already like a spectrum analyzer that goes from 300 to 900
Mhz for ISM band key fobs, etc.   It can work standalone, or with a nice PC app
or a phone app which is limited so far.  Its pretty cool and right up this
group's alley.  Guys are calling them the nerd's Tamagotchi.  Its $169 direct
from the manufacturer's site.  There are also a bunch of Ebay sellers scalping
them for over $300- they were in short supply for a while- go direct to the
company.  Google "Flipper Zero".   There are some Youtube demos as well.  I just
ordered a couple and will bring them to a face to face meeting eventually.

Regards,
John M. Wettroth
E: jwet at mindspring.com
M: (919) 349-9875