[TriEmbed] Project advice: SmartTV hacking

Kevin McClaning mcckevin at mcclaning.com
Wed Jul 27 14:08:01 CDT 2022

I worry that each TV would become its own reverse-engineering adventure,
due to differing chip sets. Also, the internal chip sets will change as
time progresses. Even the same model of TV may have an entirely
different internal structure.

Sorry to say it, but I think their web cam solution is probably the best
one. Maybe add some 3D printed love to give them more standardized
camera mounts for the various TVs types. Also, appropriate lenses may
allow for cameras that don't have to stick out so much from the screen.

The thing you can count on from EVERY TV is that it will display a
picture and its menus to the user.