[TriEmbed] Scott's laptop died the big one! Need help finding an affordable replacement.

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:57:50 CST 2022

My personal laptop (and primary personal computer) died over the weekend,
so for personal stuff I have to shift to a slower less capable desktop unit
for a while.  I'll open up the laptop and see if I can fix anything, but
because it has been dropped a few times, and a heavy item falling on it
Friday took it out, I suspect that it may be unrepairable.  I just don't
have $1100 or so for a replacement one, so I am appealing to the overall
community for ideas on an affordable replacement.

The laptop specs that I would like to match or improve as best as possible
are: (was a ThinkPad W530 2449-1A3)

   - Proc:        Intel i7-3840QM: 4 core, 2.8GHz, 8MB cache
   - Memory:  32GB RAM DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz
   - Screen:    15.6" HD+ wide screen, 1920x1080 (16:9 ratio), anti-glare,
   LED backlight, 95% Gamut, Pantone X-Rite color calibration
   - Video:      Intel HD 4000 on the chipset, NVidia Quadro K2000M w/2GB
   PCIe, up to 3 external monitors
   - Keybrd:    6-row full size 84-key, spill resistant, wide touchpad,
   trackpoint, LED backlight and overhead light
   - Audio:      Realtek ALC3202 codec, Dolby Home Theater v4 1W per
   speaker, 2 2"x3/4" speakers
   - Storage:   DVD-RW Optical Drive, 2.5"x7mm SATA bay, 4-in-1
   SD/MMC/SDHC/SDXC slot
   - Network:  Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet, 11a/b/g/n WiFi Adv-N 6205
   2x2 connections, Bluetooth 4.0
   - Battery:    9-cell extended length
   - Ports:       ExpressCard/34, 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, VGA (2048x1536 @
   85Hz), Mini-DisplayPort (3840x2160 @60Hz DisplayPort, or 1920x1200 at 60
   DVI-I, or 1920x1080p HDMI), Firewire 400 (1394a-2000 4-pin), combo Stereo
   Audio/Mic jack, Fingerprint Reader (TCG 1.2 Trusted Platform Module)
   - A/V:          Camera: HD720p 120° wide angle view, low light, face
   tracking; Mic: dual-array
   - BIOS:        uEFI (optional), Intel iAMT (Active Management), Power-on
   Password (optional), Boot Disk Encryption (optional)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com
*Although kindness is rarely a job, no matter what you do it's always an
option.*