[TriEmbed] Recommendations for Li battery tester

Kevin McClaning mcckevin at mcclaning.com
Sat Aug 27 21:19:33 CDT 2022

Hi All --

I've recently taken possession of a quantity of DeWalt Li battery packs
in various states and was thinking about salvaging the 18650s. Does
anyone have any recommendations for an 18650 battery tester?

Several years ago, when we were still meeting in person, I remember
someone bringing an interesting unit to one of the meetings. It could
charge, and also give an indication about how healthy the battery was. I
believe it charged the battery up, then discharged it and gave you an
indication of the cell's capacity. I think it held four 18650s at a time.

I bought one, but of course, I can't find it now.

Thanks.

Kevin