[TriEmbed] Laptop crash

The MacDougals paulmacd at acm.org
Tue Oct 12 16:38:11 CDT 2021

I got the USB to M.2 adapter from Amazon today.  I removed the SSD from the laptop and installed it into the adapter.
Plugged it into the USB3 port of my Windows computer.
>From Device Manager I can see that it is GUID Partition Table (GPT) partitioned.
There is 128MB or reserved space (probably contains stuff from DELL for reinstalling Windows).
Windows sees the disk, but it says it is Bitlocker encrypted so I cannot access it without a 48 digit key.
I tried to go to Microsoft's bitlocker key retrieval page using my Microsoft account.  It said that it do not have a key for
that account.  This is the first that I have seen anything about bitlocker for this laptop.

So, perhaps the motherboard of the laptop is the issue.  Perhaps the connector on the motherboard is the issue.
Perhaps it will just work when I put it back in the laptop.

The saga continues...

---> Paul