[TriEmbed] How can you tell if something is patented?

Charles West crwest at ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 10 21:58:55 CST 2021

Hello,

BIt of a weird question.  Let me know if it's too off topic.

I found a really interesting published paper which details a cheap and
relatively simple way to produce aerographene (made of graphene, in this
case with a density around 3x that of air).  I've got some ideas of ways to
use it for space applications, but I don't want to get sued.

If I may ask, how can you tell if a method outlined in a paper is OK to use
commercially?

Thanks,
Charlie