[TriEmbed] Tips for Ethernet/IP control of an AB 1734-AENT?

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 09:22:44 CDT 2021

Good morning fellow nerds,

Does anyone have tips for Ethernet/IP communications with an Allen-Bradley
1734-AENT? All of the references I have found relate to setting up a PLC to
communicate with the device.

I have the number of slots set up properly, the I/O modules (one 8ch output
and one 8ch input) are recognized, and I’ve got all green LEDs on the
controller and the modules. The only flashing green is the connection light
on the controller showing that it’s waiting for a connection.

I want to use Classe 3 Explicit, or Unconnected Explicit, messaging. But I
have had no luck with Set Single Attribute for Class 4, Attribut 3 for
Instance 100, 102, or 103. Although Get Single Attribute works for all of
those.

Is there a bit I need to set to enable Explicit messaging? I would
appreciate any tips or an example in any programming language!

Thanks!
Shane

--
[image: photo]