[TriEmbed] Triangle Embedded Interest Group monthly meeting reminder: Monday 11/8

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Nov 5 14:30:55 CDT 2021

We will have our regular monthly meeting online on Monday 11/8 at 7:00
pm EDT
To join the meeting point your browser to https://meet.jit.si/TriEmbed
Use Firefox if possible: the capacity is better with FireFox usage than
when folks use other browsers

Agenda:

- Welcome

- Announcements

- Program Part I:

         Invitation to the first TriEmbed community project by Nick
Edgington and Pete Soper

      * Large format (100x160mm at least), easy to solder stand alone
        project board
      * Footprints for popular ESP32 boards/modules supporting C/C++ and
        MicroPython
      * Footprints for various peripherals such as ADC, DAC, LCD display
        and much more TBD (what do *you* want on it?)
      * A Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
          o Learn to create custom digital hardware designs with code
          o Initial use case: high speed data acquisition and processing
              + All that's needed for a custom, high performance
                oscilloscope
          o But capability to match a hypothetical 8ghz mpu for some
            applications
      * Face to face working group meetings will be held in between
        TriEmbed meetings (first on November 22nd at 6:30pm at Abbey
        Road Restaurant and Grill/Cary [ask for "TriEmbed meeting"])

- Program Part II

          An update on the horse riding arena ground leveling device:
the "Sandboni" by Paul MacDougal

      * Laser level detection
      * Jetson Nano
      * ESP3266