[TriEmbed] June 14th meeting heads up

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed May 19 11:25:21 CDT 2021

We will have our normal monthly meeting on Monday 6/14 at 7:00 pm, but
we're giving a special heads up to help tune the agenda for a super
quality introduction to radio frequency theory by Kevin McClaning. Think
about your experience level and what you'd like to learn and pass your
thoughts along to the presenter using Kevin's mailto link below.

----------bio

Kevin McClaning has a master's degree in electrical engineering from the
Johns Hopkins University (JHU). He spent 34+ years performing technical
design tasks for the US Department of Defense, and another three years
at various contractor facilities. He also spent 10 years teaching
master's degree-level courses at JHU. He is the co-author of /Radio
Receiver Design/ , published in 2000 (ISBN 1-884932-07-X) and the sole
author of /Wireless Receiver Design for Digital Communications/,
published in 2012 (ISBN978-1-891121-80-7). Kevin can be reached at
kevin at doublepulsetech.com.

-------presentation abstract potential topics (could be extended) and
attendee assumptions

Topics might include:

. Radio frequency design is understandable and often predictable, but
sometime not.
. Properties of RF circuits
. Stray components
. Physical size of your circuit vs. wavelength
. Transmission lines

Familiarity with basic circuits, resistors, inductors and capacitors
will be useful.
There will be a minor amount of algebra.