[TriEmbed] hyperlink (maybe) Re: The Arduino IDE 2.0 beta

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:46:51 CDT 2021

I installed the new IDE.

Some observations

   1. It installed without issue on Linux and runs quite fast, much faster
   than the old version, probably because it's not written in Java.
   2. It picks up the same environment as the old version so you won't need
   to reinstall all your boards etc. all over again.
   3. It works alongside the old version, both can be used together, but I
   wouldn't try editing the same file in both at the same time. Dah
   4. Feels much more like a real IDE which is a lot coming from me since
   I've never been a lover of IDEs but this IDE has hardware debugging. I'm an
   emacs guy.
   5. Haven't actually used it for anything yet though.

~Carl

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 8:15 AM Pete Soper via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

>    https://blog.arduino.cc/2021/03/01/announcing-the-arduino-ide-2-0-beta/
> On 5/12/21 7:38 AM, Pete Soper via TriEmbed wrote:
>
> The Arduino IDE 2.0 beta -
> https://blog.arduino.cc/2021/03/01/announcing-the-arduino-ide-2-0-beta/

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com