[TriEmbed] ESP8266 Programming tip

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 13:45:08 CST 2021

Carl,

I do not NEED the delay, I just need to read the A0 at 1 ms intervals. I don't need to stop the processor for that, I need to code it responsibly if I want it to work the best way I want. I was being lazy expecting my time frame to be well within the parameters required for the desired end result. And the solution I finally did does work, but I have now been motivated to make it better.

Mike,

Good info thanks. I have not verified, but yes I am thinking I may have violated the watch dog. I am not sure why you could not change a variable if it is global and done fast. I also dug a little deeper and the ticker I am using is not the same that you find in Arduino. The one I am using is suggesting the flag concept as I pointed out in the first post and is working and the idea you also reinforced. I guess in general it is the simplest guarantee for accurate loop integrity. It definitely works quite well. I have looked at the micro-python. I may try that when I get around to the Robotics with the ESP32. That is very interesting for sure. I like the REPL concept alot.

I can spend a little more time for a better solution. Dang it and I thought I was done with this part. `,~)

Thanks,

John Vaughters