[TriEmbed] ESP8266 Programming tip

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 12:21:43 CST 2021

Carl,

Right, makes sense, I really use delays sparingly and go for millis() But this was a copy-paste task. and it was only 25ms of delay, so I let it slide. And considering I am probably only using like 10% of computing power I thought I could let it slide. And I could have if it wasn't for you meddling programmers. `,~)

Normally I only use a short delay at the end of the loop if the loop is moving to fast, or for comm purposes. so definitely out of norm for me. I still like the original work around though. I would use it again if in a pinch.

Good discussion in any case and now I have a better grasp on Ticker.

Makes one of my Dad's best advice quotes ring true:

When all else fails, read the instructions ~ Dad

Good Stuff,

John Vaughters