[TriEmbed] MSO may grow on you Re: Budget minded oscilloscope

Michael Fulbright mike.fulbright at pobox.com
Tue Feb 23 10:18:26 CST 2021

I used a Salae-16 back in the day all the time with a RIGOL 2 channel
oscope and found that allowed me to solve most any kind of problem I
would face as an embedded C developer.  The Salae software was nice then
so I would anticipate it must be pretty awesome now.

At home I use a sigrok board (https://sigrok.org/wiki/Noname_LHT00SU1)
which for my hobby projects work great with pulseview.  I just run a
Linux AppImage version on a Ubuntu 18.04 machine.

  I have a 2 channel handheld oscope which is fine for the low frequency
analog signals I deal with or checking digital signals that are being
munged somehow.

  I sometimes get close to ordering a RIGOL or Siglent oscope when I'm
stuck on a problem and my oscope doesn't seem up to the task but I have
always figured it out before going that far!

  I like the cost of the combo USB oscope/logic analyzer but find I like
having a physical oscope so I can quickly tweak the settings without
having to mess with a mouse/keyboard.  I'm the same way with cars - I
want a big wall of switches like an Apollo module instead of a
touchscreen I can't find a button by feel on.  :)

Michael Fulbright