[TriEmbed] MSO may grow on you Re: Budget minded oscilloscope

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Mon Feb 22 08:14:17 CST 2021

Realizing that it's not necessarily what one might put in the
"budget-friendly" range, I thought I'd plug both Pico Technology and
Saleae.  I have a 4-channel USB DSO PicoScope (3000 series, ~$600-$2400
depending on options) and a 16-channel logic analyzer from Saleae (an
older, now discontinued digital-only model).  They both work very well,
plus both offer various levels of API/SDK availability if you're keen on
writing your own logging or analysis code.

Saleae's current 16-channel analyzers are 50 MS/s MSOs, but the one I
have is not, so I can't speak to the quality of analog measurements.
The PicoScope 3000 series is 1 GS/s.

PicoScope 3000-series scopes are available in MSO form.

Both are USB devices that depend on a host PC for control and display.

$0.02,
-Brian