[TriEmbed] shout out and archive mention & Re: Enclosure decals

Ron Craig roncraig007 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:48:18 CST 2021

I agree completely. Thanks to all who replied.

Scott, I've looked at the waterslide, and like the idea.  Hint: invert your
image, and you won't have to slide the paper from beneath your decal. You
can slide it off the top.
Unfortunately, given I want white, I'll have to go another way.

The custom rub-on looks interesting (given I want to use my own chosen font
-- a military spec font used for aircraft panels), but at over $80 just to
get a starter kit to try it, plus needing to buy a different laminator
($90-140 more) on top, it's just too expensive.

I don't have a CNC or laser cutter, so I'm stuck with what I can create
with my PC and inkjet. I cannot find white for an HP 950 cartridge, so even
that is blocked.

So, I'm going to try this:
https://www.makestickers.com/products/custom-stickers/rectangle-stickers
I can lay out the artwork in Inkscape, export as a high res PNG and upload
to their website.  One sticker of 6" x 5" will hold both front and rear
panels. It's just $8.86 and ships within a few days.  I'll let y'all know
how it goes once I've got the rear laid out and get back the result.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:05 AM Pete Soper via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Scott,
>
>    Over the years you've been a walking, talking, (and posting),
> bottomless resource center for makers and I salute you!
>
>    As you know but others might not, this list is archived and folks
> will be able to consult what the others and you submitted any time in
> the future by looking for subject "Enclosure decals" in the archive, for
> instance:
>
> http://mail.triembed.org/pipermail/triembed_triembed.org/2021-February/subject.html
> <
> http://mail.triembed.org/pipermail/triembed_triembed.org/2021-February/subject.html>
>
> .
>
>    The email list info is here for those interested:
> http://triembed.org/blog/email-list-info/
> <http://triembed.org/blog/email-list-info/>
>
> -Pete
>
> On 2/10/21 8:08 PM, Scott Hall via TriEmbed wrote:
> > P-Touch type labels are not what Ron is looking for.  I think he wants
> > something like this picture:

J'ai bonne espérance!