[TriEmbed] laptop fan motor control question

Jon Wolfe jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Tue Feb 2 13:00:35 CST 2021

yes, besides the electrical, and also audible noise, a brushed motor would
wear out its brushes. any motor that's intended to be on most or much of
the time, and have a long maintenance free service life, is going to be
brushless. Most fans used in pcs are going to be brushless running off 12v.
You can pwm the power supply to do speed control, its done all the time.