[TriEmbed] Measure uA

John Wettroth jwet at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 25 17:16:24 CDT 2021

This might sound barbaric but here’s a really good way for about 1 cent.  Use a 330 ohm resistor and a DVM that can resolve 10 millivolts- any good Fluke will do this.  You’ll drop your load across the R and do a little ohms law and voila.  If it’s a sleep current and the unit can draw big currents too, put a little switch across the resistor and don’t open the switch until you’re in sleep.  It’s a nice old trick that I’ve used for years.

Regards,
John M. Wettroth
(984) 329-5420 (home)
(919) 349-9875 (cell)