[TriEmbed] Nucleo 32 board cautionary tale

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Oct 2 20:15:23 CDT 2020

I just wasted a good chunk of a day chasing weird sensor behavior with a
Nucleo STM32F031K6 board. After seeing three flavors of other
misbehavior on top of the little detail of the sensor giving goofy
measurements it occurred to me to look at the sensor chip power supply
fed from the 3.3v pin of the dev board. What I found is shown below. The
noise spikes are almost 5V. Swapping in another of the boards solved the
problem.