[TriEmbed] stm32 bootloader interface for the rest of us

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Oct 1 09:51:29 CDT 2020

I'm investigating easy ways to flash a low end STM32 chip through it's
UART and the (STM32F031x6) datasheet had about 10 words on the subject.
But I found the 374 page doc below. Before I dive into that I wonder if
there's a simple program that runs on Linux or Cygwin to take whatever
binary format the gcc tool chain spits out and shove it into this chip
with the "system memory" boot mode engaged? I'm specifically
investigating this as an alternative way of flashing as I find tools
that operate through an STLink. If anybody's using gdb with STLink and
stm32 family chips I'd love to connect with you offline.

Thanks,
Pete

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/cd00167594-stm32-microcontroller-system-memory-boot-mode-stmicroelectronics.pdf