[TriEmbed] Jtsi server

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Sat May 9 13:14:40 CDT 2020

Hey, guys, I have installed a Jitsi Meet server on my personal box. Try it
out at https://meet.tetrasys-design.net/TriEmbed. This is not an
extremely hefty box but it should work fine for our needs if for some
reason we cannot use Paul's anymore.
BTW you don't need Niginx, it will automatically use Apache if you have
that installed. I just had to install Java and the Jitsi server itself
which took under a half hour to do everything including
verified certificates so everything is encrypted.

Later all
~Carl

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 7:33 PM Pete Soper via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> I asked the ISP who maintains the server triembed.org runs on if a Jtsi
> service could be arranged. The response was it would mean both a
> different web server (Nginx vs Apache) and use of a Java app server
> that's not currently available. So that's not feasible and we'll
> continue to use the service Paul arranged. We may want to do a virtual
> hat-passing at some point to send a little love to the Jtsi organization
> for enabling the meetings.
>
> -Pete

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com