[TriEmbed] Designing a LiFePO4 battery charger

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:11:03 CDT 2020

Charlie,

But I do believe your strategy sound to isolate the batteries in series
with three FETs and pulling each battery negative terminal to GND with
another three FETs. I believe you would only need high-side gate drivers
for the three FETs connecting the batteries in series.

You might be able to charge the whole string at 4 * 14.6V and building your
own BMS style switchable load in parallel with each battery to limit
overcharging and let you balance the cells. I think you would only need one
GND referenced FET and three high-side FETs.

Shane