[TriEmbed] March TAR meeting... (TAR is NOT dead)

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:08:30 CST 2020

TAR has been meeting the first Monday of the month since early 1980s, so
over 35 years, and has always met on the first Monday of every month. Over
the years, we have had a few weather related times we had to cancel (snow,
ice, hurricane, tornado - a bit of it all), but we have never had two
missed meetings in a row until now.

I apologize for that, and promise we will continue meeting on a monthly
basis again starting tomorrow - either as TAR, or as a joint TAR and IEEE
R&A meeting.

Tomorrow's meeting with be a show and tell, so if you have a project to
show, please bring it.

So far we have:

* Rodney - showing the latest update on SoutheastCon 2020 hardware
* Rodney - discussing some of the innovative solutions to the contest from
the 50+ teams competing (with videos and photos)
* Rodney - discussing the very early release of the 2021 SoutheastCon rules
- would love to hear your thoughts on them, and how they can be improved

* Hopefully Paul gets this in time and can bring out his test jig for the
button board challenge (how many digits of pi can you input in 3 minutes?)
- Paul has it up to almost 3,000 digits now, carving bare milliseconds off
each button press and release

* You - yes YOU - what fun project do you have you would like to discuss,
or present? This is your opportunity

I look forward to the meeting tomorrow night and hope you can attend.
Attendance the last few months has dropped off a bit, and i would like to
see us revive TAR (and possibly IEEE R&A) by having a fun mixture of
practical robots (the old TAR), plus a mix of the academic (IEEE R&A).

I will also open up the floor tomorrow night to look for suggestions on
what we can do to improve our meeting going forward.

Meeting begins at 7pm. There will not be any pizza or drink this time, but
please show up early and we can use the time to socialize and chat.