[TriEmbed] Fast Prototype Parts - Newark Element 14

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Jul 20 14:08:02 CDT 2020

Not only is the Gaffney warehouse fantastic, sometimes their prices are
drastically better. I bought some Panasonic PIR sensors from them a
while back for about 2/3 the Digikey price. So cost conscious folks
should definitely check Newark. And they have historically been the go
to source for Raspberry Pi. Thanks for the reminder, Kevin.

Actually, I was going to include a remark about Newark but got lazy. My
problem with Newark is that a fair fraction of the time that octopart
says they have stock when I go to their web site that stock turns out to
be in the UK. You only have to be in a hurry once and click through on
autopilot and then suffer the extra 5-7 days for this to be a hard
learning experience. I mostly ignore them, but the larger reason is they
didn't use bar codes my database understands (haven't checked more
recently).

-Pete (with the correct email account: more laziness!)