[TriEmbed] "Open" smartphone?

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 10:00:12 CST 2020

 Check out Pine, they are doing this very thing. The Ubuntu phones were a flop if you can get them at all.
https://www.pine64.org/pinephone/

    On Friday, January 24, 2020, 9:16:53 AM EST, Pete Soper via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

 My question for the group is whether there is a smartphone out there with relatively fast multicore processor running Linux? I don't care if it's an alpha test stage unusable toy vis a vis competing w mainstream phones, I just care if I could pin a core or two to threads within a process  and have them effectively share the phone's wireless comm and storage resources. I need a light, portable engine with mature and robust socket I/O and the ability to graft a fast serial bus onto the hardware "some day" (maybe collaborating w the phone developers).Pete_______________________________________________
Triangle, NC Embedded Computing mailing list

To post message: TriEmbed at triembed.org