[TriEmbed] Coffee roaster sanity check

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Wed Jan 1 00:36:50 CST 2020

Another just-before-bed correction to make on your last schematic
update, where you reacted to this piece of advice:

 >> It may be wise to have a series resistance between the Arduino and
 >> the SSR's control pin.  250 ohms would be a good value to use here as
 >> well.
 >
 > Updated now.

I might have been too terse in describing what I meant.  The 10k pulling
the SSR input to GND should stay, and a 250-ohm resistor should go
between the SSR input and the Arduino pin:

               250

                            10k

This way, if something goes bad inside the SSR and shorts its input to
ground, or it has a large capacitance, the 250-ohm resistor will limit
the current flowing out of the Uno (the exact same configuration and
reasoning for the MOSFET gate).

Happy 2020!
-B
<snip>