[TriEmbed] McMaster Carr is in a class of their own

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Thu Apr 23 10:24:58 CDT 2020

What John said is very accurate.

If you want high-quality, tight-tolerance parts, and you want them NOW,
McMC is your best option, but you will pay quite handsomely for the
privilege.

If you're looking for stock, I'd suggest also looking around at the
other online metal dealers (a google search will quickly expose them).
Lead times may be longer, and depending on your needs you may have to
pay cut fees, but the prices will most likely beat McMC by at least a
small margin.

Sadly, new metal is very expensive from the hobbyist point of view (at
least in my opinion), and scrap dealers are few and far between in the
greater RTP area (scrap BUYERS are plentiful, but few sell).

Never buy metal stock from big-box stores unless it's your absolutely
last option (or your needs are for very small amounts).  The quality is
low and markups are ridiculous.

Cheers,
-Brian