[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 83, Issue 19

Gregg Tracton tracton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:09:46 CDT 2020

> A lot of the video game hardware in the late 70’s/early 80’s didn’t have
a buffer to “draw” into. The Atari 2600 had (I think) 128 bytes of ram, to
draw the screen, developers had to time their code to be in sync with the
electron beam raster to draw!

> Fortunately there was an interrupt per scan line that did the timing for
> you. Most of the time you’d just copy the right RAM snippet into the scan
> line.

They also had Sprite’s, tiny (8x16 pixel?)  bit maps with hardware offset

--
Gregg Tracton: tired, retired & inappropriately unattired (PJ's)