[TriEmbed] Looking for recommendation

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:35:30 CDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 3:39 PM Daniel McDonald via TriEmbed
<triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> One more vote for FreeCAD, which I have used for several years, but I will say that I started using OnShape a few months ago and I haven't used FreeCAD since. I love being able to design a part right on my mobile phone.  I still have to use my PC to slice the part before printing, but everything else I do on my phone.

      I too use FreeCAD (you can create your objects by coding if you
are comfortable with python) and openscad. If you are going to use a
commercial solution, you can choose not to beat around the bush and
just go solidworks, which has a cheap/free .edu license.  Everyone
else is measured against solidworkds.