[TriEmbed] Intellectual and technical debt and machine learning cautionary article

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 08:32:27 CDT 2019

I like the analogous theme of AI to Alchemy. It describes my thoughts exactly. We know enough to blow ourselves up if improperly applied, but we can get some quite amazing results as well. It is important to realize our lack of understanding and study it with great rigor. I also like the fact that as alchemists were swimming in chemical reactions but were completely clueless to the complexity of the subject. It's good to use history as a guide for understanding similar situations.
History never repeats, but it often rhymes.
Great Article!