[TriEmbed] Happy sixth birthday TriEmbed

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Feb 8 10:14:08 CST 2019

Just a note to flag the fact that if memory serves TriEmbed is about six
years old now. The email list wasn't started until May of 2013, Techshop
folded a month or two before that, but I recall meetings there for at
least a couple or three months prior to the move to NCSU. TriEmbed was a
reincarnation of an earlier Arduino interest group that Scott Hall,
Justice Peters, Paul MacDougal and others had going at various area
locations. TriEmbed sprang out of Paul's monthly TechShop meeting after
I got to what might have been his last event there as he'd had no
attendees the previous two months and said he was thinking of pulling
the plug.

I'm Ccing Seth Hollar, the guy at NCSU who was instrumental in getting
us established and making our venue reliable and routine with superb
infrastructure that "just works". Thanks, Seth!

For a number of reasons I'm upping my involvement through the May
meeting in the hopes of getting NCSU students connected with TriEmbed
and, if the meeting regulars can handle it, perhaps seeing TriEmbed
morph into something that is student-powered to some degree. We'll see
what comes of this.

Best Regards,
Pete Soper
SDevCS, LLC DBA Apex Proto Factory