[TriEmbed] Coffee roaster sanity check

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 16:59:21 CST 2019

>I think there must be an issue with your heater power measurement. You
should measure several amps for the heater. The hot air popcorn popper
below claims to draw 1500 Watts and my regular hot air coffee roaster
indicated a power draw of 1250 Watts on the bottom.
https://smile.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPM-100-EasyPop-Popcorn-Maker/dp/B005RRBGYA?sa-no-redirect=1

Glad I'm doing a sanity check. Ah, the bottom of the popcorn maker says it uses 1475 Watts.

The Kill A Watt you referenced is in stock Feb 11.

The resistance of the outside (larger heater element) seems to be 11 ohms.  That means there should be around 10 amps involved. i.e. my SSR is going to fry itself.

I certainly need some sort of other check before I connect anything up.

This seems to be 5% accurate, do you think it's close enough? https://smile.amazon.com/TS-836A-Energy-Voltage-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00E945SJG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks

Craig