[TriEmbed] Coffee roaster sanity check

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 08:15:10 CST 2019

Did some more learning.  Removed the heater and opened it up.

Turns out there is a Microtemp G4A01240C fuse connected to the hot AC line. That goes to a 5W2K7J resistor, which goes to the coil wire.

I let the magic smoke out of the fuse. You should not run the heater by itself without the fan cooling it down.

There is something else connected the 5W2K7J resistor. I guess that is some sort of safety switch.

Added photos of the dissected heater element to google drive.

Kicad and pdf have been updated.

Thanks

Craig