[TriEmbed] Coffee roaster

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 18:53:06 CDT 2018

 I have been using this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XK3ALS0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the last 8 years roasting green beans.
That has the side vents, takes ~30 mins to roast.  Works *really* well.  I burned the motor out 2 weeks ago. It's discontinued.  Thought I should migrate to an arduino based version, hence my questions and asking for advice on what parts I should purchase.
Yes, after the roast I dump the beans into a cooling basket.
I have one of these to replace it: https://www.gopresto.com/product/presto-poplite-hot-air-corn-popper-04820https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IUWA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Given that new information, would it change the proposed design?

It will be much better if I can control the roasting process though.  Without control I get a few over roasted beans.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Craig