[TriEmbed] [TAR] [TAR Meeting Monday Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:00pm - NCSU EB1 1007]

Mike Lisanke mikelisanke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 01:34:02 CST 2018

Very cool! I know many libraries, systems, consortium etc all think they'll
own the Internet of Things... they certainly would all like to.

I reality, I've seen a lot of moments to standardize software and hardware
systems to save time and money, but; like politics these movements are
short lived because it's difficult to herd cats :-p

I'm eclectic about the hardware, software and especially freeware
applications and open source because it's use is very often a double edged
sword.

It's not always the case that paid software is often less troublesome But
open source almost always seams to leave landmines in its installation
administration and even use which cost time (which equals money)/

When I get a few spare cycles, I'll take a better look at a ROS sandbox to
play in to see how I like things. I'll certainly feedback when I do this
because I know our group have people I can talk to about ROS.

At the moment I'm hip deep in the swap which is GCC cross compiler
Generation... if anyone one has first hand experience creating a cross
toolchain for RPi or anything else sans OS generation, I'd <3 to kick some
ideas around and compare notes... there's some many gotchas because I'm
trying to do this in the cygwin environment on Windows 10. :-p

--
Best regards,  Mike