[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi Photo Booth

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:46:28 CDT 2018

A few folks have created or are working on or creating a photo booth out of
a Raspberry Pi.  Well here are a couple of articles that inspired my own
creation:

Nuts & Volts Magazine - PiBooth — A Raspberry Pi based Photo Booth
https://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/march2016_RaspPiDigitalPhotoBooth?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=62771234&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-84lpjjscMffSrFGWHjLteFtZLo6DBRrRXfHow77iZnM41_2eiBJUaH4AmZB6uHhX0xN_mY4yJsZ1IlDOm7GGLtuN3S6Q&_hsmi=62771234
(see a PDF:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19H2WCCVmit6bpHUmENlRNUzmriHIG5AZ)

Make: Create a Raspberry Pi Photo Booth for Your Next Party
https://makezine.com/projects/raspberry-pi-photo-booth/
(see a PDF:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2yNlttihTjVpg8uhF7FNWQpbEKRiuS3)

Like the Make Magazine article, I created a mock-up Brownie camera, and
like the Nuts&Volts version I offer some funny masks, noses, hats and so on
from Marti Gras, New Years Eve, and a Halloween Ball.  My own twists
include a bright-white LED bar on top that "flashes" like an old magnesium
flashpot, and when you press the Staples "Easy" button, the "viewfinder"
touchscreen displays an old 16mm movie countdown (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0dYPfN-PM).  After the pictures, if
connected to a WiFi spot, the touchscreen will ask if you would like the
picture(s) sent to a phone or email address, and allow you to type that
in.  Otherwise it asks you to insert a USB stick in the side (which a phone
plugged in will look like a flash drive).  I used a Pi B+ and a ESP-01 to
add WiFi.  If I did it again, I would use a Pi-Zero-W.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com