[TriEmbed] ESP32 Help

Dwight Morgan dwight.w.morgan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 20:29:44 CST 2018

I just got an ESP-WROOM-32 and I'm having trouble just getting it set up.
I'm going through all the instructions for Arduino and Git but the serial
port refuses to show up. I read in one forum where it needs a separate power
source because the USB is not enough so I connected two AA batteries to the
3v3 (for 3 volts) and ground along with the USB to load a simple sketch, but
no dice, no serial in the Arduino tools menu to select. I remember some time
ago seeing one of the Triembed meetings on the ESP32 but I can't find it on
the website.

I hope somebody is using the ESP32 and can shed light on this problem. Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dwight