[TriEmbed] [TriLUG] Anyone have their own christmas light show?

Brian Henning bhenning at pineresearch.com
Tue Jan 2 10:03:54 CST 2018

I'd encourage you to consider solid-state control instead of some of the relays, as it would give you the option of dimming.  I find instantaneous on/off displays, especially when really bright, hard on the eyes.  Of course, I'm a lighting designer by night, so I'm particularly opinionated about such displays. :-D

John's suggestion of using MIDI is not a bad one.  I'd encourage you to consider it, at least as a format for your sequencing data.

Aside: A family near where my parents live has had a large music-synched display for the past few years; I think they're trying to get noticed by local media.  It's huge, bright, and dazzling, but (imnsho) not artistic at all.  Don't be that guy. X-D

-B