[TriEmbed] [TAR] [TAR Meeting Monday Mar 5th, 2018 at 7pm - NCSU EB1 1007]

Mahesh Balasubramaniam maheshba at ieee.org
Wed Feb 28 00:11:34 CST 2018

Friends,

We are having a meeting on Mar 05, 2018 at 7pm (6:20 pm for pizza) in 1007
NCSU Engineering Building 1.  The subject will be

"Forge Initiative - Robotic Project Walkthrough from Next Generation
Makers(Team PyroTech, FRC 3459)"

Please refer to the registration link below for more details.
registration link :

https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/168840

Forge Initiative is a non-profit organization which has taken impressive
measures towards its actual objectives – forging communities for all ages
to collaboratively explore, learn and lead using technology and
leadership.  It is a local makerspace involving all STEM disciplines by few
volunteers (Rob Mackie, Dr. Linda D. Whipker and others) with a vision to
improve the local technology gap in the community for future generations.
Forge has been specifically effective in creating makers out of high school
students.  It is an usual scene at Forge to see high school students
working later in the evenings on their hands on projects involving general
mechatronics and robotics hobby and/or competition projects – with greatest
degree of focus and passion.

http://theforgeinitiative.org/

During our March IEEE R&A event, the members of team PyroTech, FRC 3459,
high school student members of the Forge Initiative who have worked with
IEEE on the humanoid Robot project would present their work from current
year's competition build season.  At the meeting can expect to learn about
current year's competition and see a demo of the team's backup robot (the
primary robot is already sealed for competition).  Next generation makers
from Forge Initiative will design and implementation architecture of the
robot followed by a open Q&A session.

>From IEEE R&A, we are extending our warm invitation and wish our best for
these highly motivated team of high school students.  We would like rest of
the students, hobbyists, academia, professionals and seniors to be inspired
by the positive skillset of the next generation makers.

Thank you.

Mahesh Balasubramaniam
IEEE ENCS RA24 Chair
maheshba at ieee.org