[TriEmbed] ESP8266 Arduino programming reliability

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Tue Feb 13 15:44:25 CST 2018

Anyone have issues getting their ESP8266 to program reliably using Arduino? I find mine programs to completion about 1 in 3 times. Most often, it gets to the end of the programming cycle and sits there in bootloader mode. I have an Adafruit HUZZA ESP8266 breakout, which should be decent quality.

BTW I find these ESP8266 things to be just right for simple OIT things. Right now I’ve got one subscribing to my home MQTT broker for outdoor temperature and humidity data. It controls an APA102 RGB LED to display a ‘comfort rating’ for the outdoor conditions.

Alex