[TriEmbed] you too can add content to TriEmbed Re: Please remove me from this list/group

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Oct 11 12:57:34 CDT 2017

(I unsubscribed Hardik with an apology. I'm the GNU Mailman list admin
for TriEmbed)

That pesky email message you get on the 1st of each month is designed to
have everything you need to access your subscription, turn your mailings
on and off, change to/from daily digest mode, etc. But I find the web
interface to have some non-obvious aspects too, and I've been staring at
these GNU Mailman web pages for many years. So I feel Hardik's pain,
really. If somebody sees something I could do with extra text in that
reminder, holler. I could also give a talk about email filters if we
find ourselves wishing we had something to talk about (current schedule
calls for that to happen at the January, 2023 meeting). Not that I
intend that to be snarky.

But if you folks have any problems feel free to send me direct mail, or
to the list if it would end your frustration.

And if anybody is on the other end, saying to themselves "I wish I could
help with the list or web site and put my stuff on it", have I got a
deal for you. Seriously, any TriEmbed meeting attendee in good standing
can get a Wordpress account to contribute to the web site: just ping me.
It takes 5-10 minutes with your laptop for me to show you how to make
postings and project pages, and editorial help would probably not be
refused! My only immutable requirement is a VERY strong password.

Help with list moderation is always welcome too. This list has about
0.00001% editorial moderation, but blast shields keeping spam and
blunders to a minimum, and that takes a few minutes here and there.
(blunder example: IMO a key value of the current 100K byte message limit
is to give us a chance to avoid embarrassment with PDF attachments such
as resumes that should have gone to an individual instead of the list.
But some of you have noticed that if your oversize messages are
reasonable and not stale or meant for a different list they usually go
through as soon as Paul or I can get to the moderation interface.)

Pete