[TriEmbed] useful script to make RPi IOT projects more user-friendly

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Mon Oct 2 15:28:22 CDT 2017

I came across this code while looking for a way to make a user-friendly
IOT thing with a Raspberry Pi. It checks to see if the Pi acquired an
IP, and if not, puts the wireless into AP mode and allows wireless info
to be entered on a webpage. This way the end-user just needs to be told
to plug in the Pi, connect to a certain AP, and enter their home AP
info.

https://github.com/sabhiram/raspberry-wifi-conf

I believe there's a similar code library for ESP chips.

I'm playing around with the the idea of creating a sports
scoreboard/goal/touchdown/etc display. 32x64 RGB LED panels are down to
about $15 now:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/P3-RGB-pixel-panel-HD-display-64x32-dot-matrix-p3-smd-rgb-led-module/32728985432.html?spm=2114.search0104.8.8.27MEza

Here's a code library for the NHL:
https://github.com/arim215/nhl_goal_light/blob/master/lib/nhl.py

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.