[TriEmbed] geekSPARK 2017 open invite

Michael Clayton mwc at clayto.com
Tue May 9 13:04:43 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm Michael, a volunteer organizer for geekSPARK.  For those who don't
know, geekSPARK is a facet of SPARKcon, a huge (60,000+ people) art &
creativity festival in downtown Raleigh.

The festival is coming up in mid-September, and we would like to give you
space to show off your projects.  The best way to pitch a project idea is
to join us for the next planning meeting.  It will be on Wednesday, May
17th, 6pm, @ Crank Arm Brewing Company.  319 W Davie St, Raleigh, NC 27601.

Some other ways to get involved:
 - sponsor an event if you have $$$ (for example, "come see the *$YOUR_BUSINESS
Deadly Laser Beam*!")
 - know someone with cool techie side projects?  suggest they come too
 - come volunteer during SPARKcon weekend, to help with
setup/staffing/teardown

Some projects from years past are 3D printer demos, Digital Motion Showcase
(games, interactive art displays, etc), Maniacal Labs' giant LED displays,
big guitar with fricken laser beams, Minecraft programming classes, many
varieties of robot, and hopefully $YOUR_PROJECT.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

Also, dang, I wanted to come out to a meeting to invite you all in person,
but I see yesterday was the day.  I'll try to make it next month!

--
Michael Clayton