[TriEmbed] Tonight! TriLUG Hack Night - Topic: Solar Eclipse High Altitude Balloon Launch (With TriTux onboard)

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:29:57 CDT 2017

TriEmbed is invited if there is anyone interested in sending up a high
altitude balloon during the solar eclipse.

Join us tonight 7-9pm for TriLUG Hack Night! We are meeting at Caktus Group
located Downtown Durham.

Hack Night will be led by Jeremy Davis. Topic is launching TriTux into
nearspace with a high altitude balloon and cameras. It would be very cool
to do this on 21 August to film the solar eclipse. NC Nearspace is willing
to assist as needed with guidance and best practices. They normally use a
Raspberry Pi, HAM radio, and GPS equipment, so anyone with experience or
interest in learning is highly encouraged to attend. There are expenses
involved with this project which means fundraising and PR volunteer
opportunities are available too.

Tonight is basically a litmus test to guage the amount of interest and also
an opportunity to do some initial planning.

For collaboration on this project, I created a shared folder on Google
Drive. Please reference the High Altitude Parts list document (courtesy of
Paul Lowell of NC Nearspace) located in this shared folder located at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMOV91w0mWRbEY5emNnVFFBYWM

PARKING: Park in the municipal deck on the other side of the Arts Council
across W. Morgan St. The entrance to the Caktus Tech Space is on Morris St.

Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR